Published on November 10th, 2017 | from CAMH Education
CAMH Library: Canadian research for Veterans’ Week 2017
By Sarah Bonato, Reference/Research Librarian, CAMH Library
It’s Veterans’ Week. See below for recent Canadian research on mental health and veterans.
Canadian Armed Forces Veterans: Mental health findings from the 2013 Life After Service survey
From Veterans Affairs Canada
- This report discusses the Life After Service study’s mental health findings in more detail.
Access at http://publications.gc.ca/collections/
Prepared for the Canadian Institute for Military and Veteran Health Research and The Scientific Authority, Veterans Affairs Canada
- This report summarizes the research on how to support Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members/veterans undergoing the transition out of their military service and back into civilian life.
Access at https://cimvhr.ca/documents/
- Discusses mental health risk and protective factors, along with other topics.
Access at https://www.ourcommons.ca/
From the Government of Canada
- Provides an overview of federal suicide prevention strategies for veterans.
Access at http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/publications/
- This expert panel identified a total of 11 suggestions for improving the approach to suicide prevention in the Canadian Forces Health Services (CFHS).
Access at http://www.forces.gc.ca/assets/FORCES_Internet/